Thursday, May 15, 2014

Solar install




Just finished installing my components.  My panel was removed from our motor home when it was sold.  I purchased panels and controller from "Northern Arizona Wind &Sun" in 1999.  There still cranking out the watts.  The panel is a 90 watt Siemons, the Controller is a Morningstar ProStar 30, 30 amp charge controller with digital meter.    The panel is to large to mount on the roof so I'll be using it as a remote plug-in.  Mounted the controller in the storage compartment at the right of the entrance door (under bunk). Attached battery to controller with #10 wire, fused the positive same as original.  Installed a two pin marine bulkhead connector next to existing wire access hole for tail light harness.  The bulkhead connector is connected to the controller with #12 wire.  The panel is connected through the bulkhead connector.  I used #12 wire for this, not as large as I would have liked, getting connector fitting that will handle larger wire is very $$$$$$$.$$.


My controller has a "load side" this enables me to read the draw on the system and also allows me to turn off the battery.    To connect the load side, use the two wires that we're removed from the battery.


With this system I'll never need more unless I try to run AC for things like MicroWave of other appliances.








No comments:

Post a Comment